Places for REALLY nice lumber

I've been going to WOOD WORLD at Elston & George since I bought the building back in 2002. They had some great trim I couldn't find anywhere else to match some of the existing. Lately, i've been taking some trips out to Des Plaines to visit OWL LUMBER, since they have a different (and slightly cheaper) selection. Here's my take on both of these specialty shops. Wood World has more unique trim profiles, and very laid back, friendly staff. Owl Lumber has all the standard profiles, but much more rare wood stock at some decent prices. You'll just have to visit both! I plan on using 'finger-jointed' poplar (not pine) for the master bedroom, and I think Owl Lumber will be the place to go.

Photo is of employee counting and wrapping my order.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chevy HHR water leak passenger floor, HVAC fan dead

Paver Patio Part Deux

1st phase new front porch