The 'platform' for the sanijet tub is ready for plumbing. Rather than building 2x4 supports on the outer and inner wall, Rick went with a single 2x6 since the surrounding platform is only 5" wide finished. Here's plan for finishing this off. I'm writing it down since its a bit confusing.
1. build platform with durock top (not sides yet)
2. drop in tub with 1" foam representing mortar set, and with
tile sample on top
3a. set overflow/drain in tub
3b. set PVC drain (P-trap) in hole below, access through shower side wall (squeeze in between studs)
4. mark holes for platform mount tub faucet
5. remove tub, overflow/drain attached
6. drill holes through durock/2x6 plate
7. install valve and copper plumbing
8. wait for plumbing inspection!
9. install durock on walls
10. wrap everything with Schluter Kerdi for waterproofing
11. install marble tiles with Schluter Rondec only on TOP of tub platform
12. wait for tile to set
13. pour 1"+ inches of mortar on floor for tub base (careful not to be close to channel dug
for the tub drain)
14. put 2 mil plastic over mortar to separate the tub from the mortar cleanly (this will allow clean removal of the tub later if needed.. hopefully)
15. carefully drop tub in, guiding the overflow drain into the p-trap.
16a. start gently pushing tub down into mortar evenly on all sides. Make sure tub is LEVEL, and water will drain (pour just enough in to check)
17. hand-tighten the slip joint, then use channel locks to tighten a bit more